Brightwheel

Originally posted by MET student Scott Meech on 25/05/2017

Brightwheel is an app that allows preschools to organize schedules, do bookkeeping, instantaneously update parents on the daily activities of their kids, and provide student progress reports.
For more information: see the Brightwheel website:)

2 responses to “Brightwheel”

1. Neal Donegani

Wow! Didn’t want that Shark Tank episode to end. Sounds like Dave Vasen has their wheels turning.

2. raafa abdulla

No, I would NOT Invest in this venture. Also, I would not offer what he was asking for $400,000 for 4% equity. I think it is too much for an app that is only designed for students who are (pre junior- junior). This could be improved to reach even students who are at Grade 12 whose parents want to engage in their children’s learning. Also, the app needs a teacher assistant to do all the reporting not the teacher. Students are already disengaged from their parents when the see them on their phone, now they will have their teacher is doing the same thing (even if it is for their benefits) . Eventually, they will learn (from early age that being on phone all the time is the right thing that their role model is doing all the time).
    For the presentation,
    The presenter point out a real problem and he included several video to confirm the problem. He pointed out to investors that they are parents and they could experience that behavior from their children.
    The solution is an easy-to-use app that is free to parents but the care center should pay for it. I have seen this product before. Maybe not as visually attractive as this one but at least there are apps doing the same thing. The problem is the presenter didn’t mention that. By doing that, he didn’t mention why we should choose his apps over others. Even though from a personal experience, I know there are other apps offering the same thing.
    The Marketing was identified as the care center providers and they will use social media platform.
    There was no mention on who are the leaders and advisors. There was no evidence that the revenue will reach what it promised.