Hello from Toronto, ON

Hello everyone,

It’s a pleasure to meet you all, all from a very diverse backgrounds and expertise.

My name is Kay, and I’m checking in from Toronto, ON.

I work at Pearson Education, specifically in their Online Program Management part of the business. I’ve been working here for about three and a half years, and today, I’m in charge of student retention and overall program management for online Nursing and Social Work programs. Though I’m based out of Toronto, all my students and academic partners are in Weston, Massachusetts. (Oh, the wonders of technology!)

I received my M.Ed. from OISE, University of Toronto a couple of years back, and my B.A. in Psychology from University of Waterloo some more years back. Before that, I went to school in Vancouver too, attending Langara College for a couple of years before I transferred out.

I always get a little nervous starting a new program, and this course seems to give me quite a bit more anxiety, with its new, unorthodox format.

I do look forward to what I can learn from this, however, and also for what I can learn from all of you.

Pleasure to meet all of you. Cheers!

3 responses to “Hello from Toronto, ON”

1. Grant MacLeod

Hi Kay,

You sound like you have an interesting job! Nice meeting you and I look forward to learning with you during this course.

Cheers,

Grant

2. raafa abdulla

Hello Kay,
    This is my 2nd course and I am also confused with the format. But I am sure it will work well at the end. Have a nice week 🙂

3. tara davis

Hi Kay,
    I also have felt nervous starting this course as it has been a learning curve for me to understand the structure and expectations of this course due to the WordPress layout. I’m sure you are pretty familiar with online courses at this point as you work for Pearson. That is an awesome company. Nice one!