7 responses to “Nicole Kang – CoFounder of Elementari”

1. Jessica Daicos

Love this! I’ve also shared Elementari with some teachers and my friend who is a professional animator. Great interview too. I really like how much detail you got into about the structure of the venture. I wonder (maybe I missed it) – do you know how long Elementari has been running for now?

1. Erica Hargreave

Glad you have been having fun with it too, Jessica. I’d love to see Nicole and her partner successful in this venture. I believe Elementari was established in 2016.

2. ryan valley

I just watched this, I love how they have set up the platform! It is a very intuitive and user friendly system. Thanks for sharing.

1. Erica Hargreave

You are most welcome, Ryan. Glad to hear that you have had a good first experience with the platform. I’ll pass that on to Nicole the next time I speak to her.

3. Alice Shin

Erica, this amazing. I love it!!! What a great interview, so creative and engaging. And…Nicole’s a fellow Korean girl 🙂

Have you heard how the pandemic is affecting Elementari? As difficult as it is for us all, Covid has positioned her platform to get into more classrooms so hopefully more traction?

1. Erica Hargreave

I have Nicole to thank for how engaging the interview was. She is so full of energy, animated, and passionate. It is always a delight to chat with her, and everytime I do, I wish I’d set up the call as a formal interview that was being recorded as the conversation always evolves in a really interesting way.

In terms of the pandemic, Elementari was one of the earlier companies to offer free access to teachers, which you would have hoped would translate to schools buying licenses for, but with stressed budgets I don’t think they are doing that yet. Nicole has been doing some intelligent new value-added marketing, by hosting live chats with educators on YouTube and hosting two virtual Kid’s Club meetings a week on YouTube, so fingers crossed that all of there hard work and creativity will pay off soon.

4. haejin01

This Elementari platform for K-12 students is excellent. I think this Korean-American Nikole Kang is enthusiastic and into children’s education. I’m interested in this student-centered story platform and its strategies for projects.