Hi from Terri-Lynn

Hi all.

My name is Terri-Lynn.  I live in Wabasca, a small community in northern Alberta with my husband and our two crazy dogs.  

I am currently teaching senior high math, science, and photography.  Over my years of teaching, I have taught pretty much every junior and senior high math and science course and a variety of other options.  This term I am taking my 8th and 9th MET courses, this one plus ETEC 511.  My plan is to finish my last course this summer.

I have always enjoyed using technology in my classes as much as possible.  I started the MET journey to learn more about what technologies are worth using and how to maximize their usefulness.  From this course in particular, I am most interested in the evaluation of learning technologies and maybe learning to be more of an entrepreneur. 

When not working, we love to travel, but are not quite confident enough to buy any plane tickets for this summer just yet.  We are looking forward to going back to Thailand one day, hopefully soon.  For now, I’ll just be happy that it isn’t -35°C this week!

Elephant sanctuary in Thailand

One response to “Hi from Terri-Lynn”

1. cindy keung

Hi Terri-Lynn! It’s so interesting that you teach photography alongside Math/Science. Do you find that it is a “break” from mathematical-minded curriculum?

I love Thailand too. One of my hopes is to spend 6 months on one of the islands.