Welcome to our OER! Our topic is looking at Gamification and Game Based Learning through the lens of K-12 Education in BC. Our OER is hosted on a Google Site and we will explore topics such as:
- The difference between gamification and game based learning
- The advantages of gamification and game based learning
- The landscape of the video game and educational game market
- Resources you can use to implement gamification and game based learning in your classrooms
Throughout the week, please explore and read through the different tabs on our OER and complete the following activities:
- Contribute to the Padlet for games and applications for game based learning in the game-based learning tab. Note: You are required to sign up / log in to your Padlet account to view and join the discussion
- Complete an interactive quiz at the end of the gamification section
- Using our discussion questions as a guide to discuss gamification and game based learning in the comments section of this post
Discussion Question Prompts:
- Are there any examples of gamification or game-based learning you have seen used effectively in your classroom or any K-12 classrooms?
- In addition to the challenges listed in the OER, are there any other challenges you consider when attempting to implement gamification or game-based learning in your classroom?
- Are there any important missing pieces that need to be considered when attempting to implement gamification and game-based learning in the classroom?
- What does authentic assessment look like when students are engaging in game-based learning?
- What do you think gamification and game-based learning will look like in the classroom in 10-20 years?