Greetings!

Hi everyone, I’m Ben Coulombe. I am entering my 8th course here in the MET program (home stretch!) and, like a few others have already mentioned, I am seeing more and more familiar faces.

I am currently living in Samborondon, Ecuador but am originally from Sudbury, Ontario.

I had been an international teacher for around 12 years in several other countries, but this year I have made the jump into administration and currently serve as the Continuous Improvement Lead where my role has me breaking down data to drive schoolwide improvement initiatives.

I am very excited to dive into this course as I feel the exposure to different educational projects will keep me on the cutting edge of new and emerging trends that I can then look to leverage in my new position.

Looking forward to working with both new and familiar people over the next few months!

Ben

2 responses to “Greetings!”

1. maurice broschart

Hi Ben – where else have you taught besides Ecuador? I am currently in HK but my partner and I had previous plans on being in Vietnam… until Covid hit, unfortunately.

1. benjamin coulombe

Hi Maurice,

I have been on a little bit of journey, but I think Ecuador is going to be the place I stay for awhile. I taught for a year in Russia, then moved to Kuwait, then moved to Ecuador for the first time, then back to Canada, before finally coming back to Ecuador.

If I could choose one place to go next, I would go to Oman. I travelled there a few times and loved it. Beautiful country, great compensation packages for foreign teachers, easy access to multiple parts of the world, and a strong currency. My wife is Ecuadorian though and has no interest right now in being that far from home, so maybe in a few years!