Hello from Braden

Hello Everyone, 

My name is Braden and I teach secondary physics in North Vancouver, BC where I live with my wife and our dog (Millie). I love teaching physics and trying to make it more understandable using technology. Simulations, virtual labs, and and games are very useful as a science teacher.

I am in my second semester in the MET program (I took 500 and 510 last semester). I am also taking 511 this semester. I wanted to take 522 early in my MET journey so that I can go through the future courses with an opportunistic mindset. I hope that I can use the knowledge from this course to enhance the ideas and concepts I take from future courses.

I am an avid mountain biker and I coach my school’s mountain bike team. I competed in mountain bike racing for many years and I feel so lucky to live here in BC where the riding is so good.

I am also a gamer for many years playing games of many genres. In future years I hope to pursue a venture of my own by combining my passions for gaming, physics, and teaching into a digital game that is engaging for students and useful for educators.

4 responses to “Hello from Braden”

1. Bradley Miller

Hi Braden. Nice to e-meet you. Welcome to Term 2 of your MET adventure! Make sure you take ETEC544. It was a BLAST learning about making games for learning etc.

Cheers.

1. Braden Holt

Hi Bradley. Nice to meet you as well and I’m so glad to hear positive things about 544. Looking forward to taking it in the future!

2. meagan kelm

Hey Braden

Stoked to see another mountain biker, I have a very similar picture on a very similar feature, maybe its the same place!

I second Brad, if you like games ETEC 544 I am sure you would enjoy, I liked it and I am in no way a gamer

1. Braden Holt

That’s awesome Meagan! This photo is from Valleycliffe area in Squamish, BC.
      Thanks for the recommendation – I will certainly be taking 544!