2 responses to “Founders Parade – Mark Angel of Amira Learning”

1. Bianca Therese Joson

Hi Jennie,

I also like reading and it’s certainly a challenge for a lot of children. With advances in technology, it’s great to see a company which focuses on literacy outcomes for young learners. The founder has an impressive career in business. One fact that stood out to me was the fact they were able to secure 10 natural language processing patents. It’s also great to see that EdTech companies can be big enough to be a publicly traded company. Usually when we think of publicly traded companies in terms of tech, it always has to be the companies that produce hardware that consumers can use like computers and phones.

2. C DeFazio

Thanks, Jennie! It definitely sounds like Angel is a great example of an entrepreneur committed to assisting literacy outcomes for young learners through innovative technology. The programs reading assistant is impressive in that it offers real time personalized instruction to improve reading abilities. Angel’s experience demonstrates his knowledge in developing successful reading apps ad s he brings a wealth of expertise to Amira Learning. The company’s focus on helping educators assess their students and close the literacy gap reflects a dedication to education and developing well rounded learners. I would agree with you that ones love for reading would lead you to this application but on a personal level, I would love to use an app like this to add to my reading assessments with my students as an added supplement. I think that Mark Angel stands out as a good example of someone who is combining technological innovation with a commitment to improving education for young learners.