Transparency Solutions (A3 Venture Pitch)

Hello ETEC 522. My venture pitch is a services company which provides custom assessment creation and data analytics for K-12 education. This venture is an early stage idea. I hope you find this information useful. If you see any problems, please let me know in the comments for this post.

Elevator pitch video: https://youtu.be/u0eWiADtDEA

Venture pitch website: https://sites.google.com/view/transparencysolutions/welcome?authuser=0

Thank you for viewing my project.

( Average Rating: 3.5 )

10 responses to “Transparency Solutions (A3 Venture Pitch)”

1. luke pereira

HI Paul! I really like this venture and I would say go for it! Key things that stood out was hosting location especially when dealing with school data and keeping it Canadian. I would like to see more about your diverse set of sources you mentioned in the competition section to understand what these sources are. Also, this venture idea can also expand to professional development in organizations assessing training and instructors. This can be add value and increase your user base to not just students and teachers but beyond. I would use it because we do assessments for our training, gathering data is chore and hard to manage the raw data into something meaningful. My verdict – do it, expand, sell it! 🙂

Great job!

1. paul johnson

Thanks Luke. The hosting location is an important piece especially when considering the political environment of information residency. The inclusion of integration into existing data systems is also key as educational institutions are able to leverage or improve their existing practices, this would likely improve engagement.

2. Simin Rupa

Hi paul,
    I absolutely love your idea and would invest in this company. The gaps and demand of assessment are a universal problem. I would like to say that your pitch video may have used some of its time more effectively, I would love to have seen some more examples of how this bank would be used. I would like more information as an investor on how this will be marketed and how it will make money once the initial purchase has been. Great job!

1. paul johnson

For sure Simin, the idea is certainly in its early stages so more analysis on industry needs would have to be done. When considering the integration of assessments into the system my thoughts were around frameworks for assessment commonality, which if created in a modular method, solutions could be rapidly developed using the aspects of existing frameworks. This would mitigate development costs and improve profitability as the system has more assessments integrated. So the profitability then would be a product of the development practices themselves. This is why the business model is ‘service as a product’. This same concept could be applied to the data analytics aspects of the idea.

3. Lyon Tsang

Hi Paul, big fan of the spy / high-tech theme in the elevator pitch! I liked that you touched on the needs of educators AS WELL AS administrators. Both these “parties” most likely (1) look at different data and (2) look at data differently — hoping that Transparency can accomodate this with user roles and visibility controls when it becomes a reality 🙂

1. paul johnson

Yes, scope of access would need to be applied to data access. I think course registration information would be integrated as a module which could utilize mapping capabilities so that data extracts from other systems could be used to govern access scope. Another aspect of data access would be the granularity. Because the information is collected on per-student bases and stored in that way, the various aggregation levels could be achieved.

Thanks for the feedback, Lyon.

4. Siobhán McPhee

Hi Paul,

I agree this is a real need which you identified. Your elevator pitch really showcases the problem and need, but did not offer much in terms of the gap Transparency Solutions will offer.
    You provide an extensive amount of background information which really highlights the need, that said I did find it really dense in presentation. I really appreciated your page on the Venture Opportunities, specifically the competitors. I wasn’t clear though on what age group or context Transparency Solutions is being aimed at. You have definitely identified a need in the market.

1. paul johnson

Thanks for the feedback Siobhan. The idea would be to provide some prepared assessment frameworks, but how and what they are applied to would be up to the customer. This means they could have custom assessment tools created to meet their specific needs or simply tweak others to fit. I see this as an opportunity to engage all levels of need, so no specific targeted level of education at this point. Perhaps an internal stratification for branding purposes would be wise so that customers are engaged in content aimed at their contexts. This could look like tiers of service with some prepared levels of access.

5. Connie Sim

Hi Paul, this is definitely a venture worth investing in! The pain point and solution were well identified and explained. Assessment data would be valuable to teachers to reflect and plan lessons. Transparency looks like a promising venture but as an investor, I would also like to learn more about the company’s financials (for instance: what the source of revenue will be) and what are the company’s growth plans?

1. paul johnson

Very good point, Connie. More information of operational costs and value of the market would be a prudent step. Thank you for the feedback.