Greetings From Toronto!

Hello. My name is Jody McKinnon and this is only my third course in this program. I’ve been teaching since 1996 when I graduated from the University of Manitoba. Since 2002, I have called Ontario my home. For the past 10 years, I’ve mostly been a Media teacher at a high school to the east of Toronto. This fall I will be switching to a new school. Over the years, I have taught everything from Comparative Religions, to Geo, History, Civics, Marketing, English and Drama. I’ve also been a part time guidance counsellor.

In my spare time, I work online for a private high school here in Ontario. In the past, I’ve worked for TVOntario. Currently, I am working with a colleague and a major publisher to create a new Geography resource. My non-education interests include travel, the Blue Jays and the Winnipeg Jets. This summer in August, I am visiting Europe for 23 days (Iceland, Germany, Czech Republic, Hungary, Austria, France, Spain and England). I also love musical theatre and I have been lucky enough to be in three productions: Grease, Hello, Dolly! and Jesus Christ Superstar.

I’m looking forward to this course!

P.S. I was lucky enough to be a 2010 Olympic Torchbearer as well. Here is some photographic evidence 😉

Posted in: Uncategorized