Hi from Blind Bay

Hi All! I’m Claire Burgoyne from Shuswap Lake in B.C. The first week of each MET course is always exciting. I look forward to discovering who I know from previous classes and to meeting new people. This term I’m taking courses eight and nine. I’m a bit nervous about this course as I feel out of my comfort zone but at the same time recognize that as a great spot to be in to learn. In addition to ETEC 522 I’m taking a drama summer intensive the first week in July on campus at UBC.

My passions are mostly art related. A new undertaking is working as artistic director for a newly created community arts centre. A friend and I are working together to secure space, hire teachers, and offer classes to students ages two to adult. It’s encouraging to be at a stage where we’re about to start taking registrations for classes beginning Sept. 2012. My paid position is just as much fun. I work as a Fine Arts teacher for an independent DL school. My students are in grades 10-12 dance, drama, and visual arts. Dance and drama students participate in blended programs in which they earn credit for their participation in community dance and theatre classes and performances. Art classes are 100% online and include beginner to advanced levels and AP options. At this time of year I use my spare time for gardening. Currently my husband and I are hardscaping the front yard with a plan to be ready to plant our front gardens by early June.

I look forward to working with all of you during this course. You can contact me at cl.burgoyne(at)gmail(dot)com.

Posted in: Uncategorized