Hello form SW Ontario!

Hey all. I am very pleased to begin ETEC 522 and look forward to the learning, the challenges and the friendships I will encounter along the way.I am a technology coordinator for a french language school board in Southwestern Ontario. I have taught computer science and technology at the high school, collegiate and university levels, adults as well as contract training. I have picked a few industry designations along the way (MCSE, Lotus Domino PCLP) the latest one being the Google Apps Certification. Throw into this mix some business ventures, all kinds of contract work, ranging from graphic design and web development to network administration and programming, and you have the makings of who I am. I am a tehno-geek at heart, a lifelong learner and a passionate educator that will take interest in just about anything that uses 0s and 1s to do ‘cool’ stuff, especially in an educational context.

I look forward to ‘pioneering’ with all of you as we make our way through the ETEC 522 ‘Ventures’.

Good luck!

Yves Mainville
Technology Coordinator (and self-proclaimed mega-Geek)
yves@mainville.ca
@yvesmainville
linuxdood (skype)

Posted in: Uncategorized