Future Learning Finland – venture critique

Future Learning Finland

I would not support this venture based on this elevator pitch, although I find the idea of collaborating between countries a worthwhile learning venture.

Message

The video of the conference is of very poor quality and personally I find that a PowerPoint presentation makes for a boring presentation.  I lost interest after 20 seconds of the message.  The presenter was very difficult to understand, even after listening 4 times. The presentation might have been more engaging if the presenter had spoken to the listener using a hand held mike, and walked about while using visual images, using the PowerPoint presentation to display a few catch phrases in the background.  

CEO & Team

The CEO does not particularly convey passion or confidence in this venture. I think the expertise of Finland in the technological domain would have needed to be emphasized as well as the hard work of the whole team.

Concept

The venture concept is an interesting one, provided the elevator pitch can convince potential collaborators from other countries that Finland has a unique, sophisticated collaborative learning product/service to offer.

Marketability

I was not really sure what was being marketed or what was being asked of viewers – how can one market a product one does not understand?  Finland’s role in this learning venture is not clear.

Venture Plan

This venture has an impressive 73 organizations that have invested in Future Learning Finland – but in what capacity?  Have they invested time, money, expertise, participants?  This is not clear and even though this venture seems to have been somewhat successful within Finland, I think it needs a little extra work to actually pierce world markets.

Posted in: Week 03: Analyst Bootcamp