HCD Global – Entrepreneur critique

HCD Global – The Chinese name, 合得, means winning together,

Description of venture

HCD Global is a young company that promotes collaborative, interactive learning and teaching. They offer learning programs and tools that provide students with skills adapted to 21st century technological needs. They have really revolutionized China’s corporate training, for example they were the first to introduce business simulation games.  They have also successfully built ties with Chinese and international clients to promote entrepreneurial education. The company also caters to industry specific programs and provides opportunities for learning excursions in different countries.

CEO and founder Julia Li:

Julia Li has all the attributes of a successful entrepreneur. First of all she has extensive marketing and managing experience. She also has experience in both running and founding businesses that have flourished internationally. She has also contributed as a venture partner, supporting various ventures in China and Ireland. Ms Li has recently supported innovative education in an original way by traveling to the earth’s stratosphere.  She is a firm believer that learning happens through experience – I too believe insight and innovation also start off through experiential learning.

Team

An impressive palette of international associates and experts collaborate with HCD Global.  Each associate has an impressive background having worked in various universities in fields that vary from masters in the fields of management, leadership and organization development.

Board Members:

There are 3 board members: Julia Li, whose expertise has been outlined above; Wilfried who also has extensive experience in marketing and business, as well as Dr. Alan Kantrow who is an experienced, recognized scholar for his work in organizational design and E-learning and technology networks to name but a few.

It is my opinion that HCD Global has a well-rounded team led by an innovative CEO.  There is no doubt that this company’s foundation is based on insight and innovation. Since its foundation in 2001 this company has developed and launched a multitude of products that go hand in hand with educational technology.  This is perhaps why I was attracted to this venture in the first place.  I find that this company’s leadership and vision has inspired me that great things can come of being passionate about education.  I also believe, like this company, that a learning venture must address 21st century needs by exploring and integrating new technologies for both instructors and students.

Source:

http://www.hcdglobal.com/home.html

Posted in: Week 04: Entrepreneur Bootcamp