(Note: I was unable to get a photo of th…

(Note: I was unable to get a photo of the CEO)

Smart is a famous company in the sphere of the educational technology that is used in schools and in places not related to education as well. Smart  (or Smarttech) was founded in 1987 and was and still is based in Calgary, Alberta (Canada).

Thomas F. Hudson is the CEO of SMART. He was appointed to hold this position in April 2012 but this doesn’t mean he is new to this position or new in this company. The actual date of joining the company was in 2006 as Vice President, Marketing. Then he was appointed as the Vice President of the company till he was chosen to be the CEO. Hudson’s ability and flexibility in holding different positions in the company and also in other companies before SMART especially in the field of marketing have highlighted his skills as a successful manager. His expertise as a leader in business brought a big part of success to SMART the products of which can’t thrive without the business-oriented mentality of such people like Hudson.  Hudson is not alone here because he is surrounded by a professional panel of directors, many of them are co-founders.

SMART products

SMART is a pioneer company in introducing the smartboards which are considered to be a distinctive landmark in the world of ET. In spite of the fact that the smartboards are relatively new in the market, SMART has already established a great reputation in many hardware and software projects that are specifically designed to boost the process of learning. I personally believe that SMART has contributed a lot in boosting the communication methods between the learners and educators. I, as a teacher who has been using the smartboard for a while now, think that such educational tools have a great future in the market .  world of ET.SMART products appeal to me as an educator and as a potential  investor . Although not all schools use the smartboard due to its high cost, the product is spreading very fast. And with the 47% share of the global market and 63% of the USA market and 44% the European and Middle Eastern markets combined, SMART is moving in the right direction. I encourage any kind of investments with SMART.

http://people.forbes.com/profile/thomas-f-hodson/146583

http://smarttech.com

Posted in: Week 04: Entrepreneur Bootcamp