A3 Postings and the Venture Forum

I’m starting to get some A3 submissions so here are detailed instructions and a further chance to ask any questions you might have.

A3 Posting:

Please post your A3 to this blog before midnight this Sunday (late submissions can’t participate in the Forum).  Be sure to select the “Venture Forum” category for this post so that the PulsePress tool will be activated. Some notes:

• apparently the Kaltura video server isn’t functioning well so please embed or link any videos using YouTube.
  • embed or link both your Elevator Pitch and your Venture Pitch into the post.  If you’d rather distribute your Venture Pitch just to those specifically assigned to review it you can simply ask anyone who has been assigned (or is interested) to email you for a copy of it.
  • you don’t need to post your reflection.
  • after posting, please also email me your complete assignment so that I know it is ready for review.

Venture Forum:

The detailed instructions for the Venture Forum are available in section 4A.

CAUTION:  By participating in the Forum (as an EVA) you’ll be asked to do something that you might find offensive (as an educator): to potentially say that some, many, or all of the peer ventures you review are not ready for investment.   You should be thoroughly honest with your peers, as well as constructive as possible.  And while it might seem distasteful to effectively ‘fail’ a peer’s hard work by saying it needs more hard work, this is actually the most helpful and ethical thing you can do (imagine it as analogous to encouraging an eager swimmer not to jump into the deep end of a pool if they’re not ready and are likely to drown).   This may be the most difficult thing you’ll be asked to do in ETEC522 – I’ll leave it to you to wrestle with this – all I can do is ask you to do your best.  Thanks!

Posted in: Announcements