Hello

Hi everyone! My name is Ying and this is my 7th and 8th course (also taking ETEC 540) in the MET program. I am a high school chemistry teacher in West Vancouver, BC and have been for the past five years. Before that, I worked at a BC offshore school in China for two years. I look forward to learning about mobile technology and how to utilize it better in my classrooms. So far, I haven’t found anything where the learning benefits outweigh the time cost, or the app cost! In my spare time, I like to play ultimate frisbee, go indoor bouldering, and cook/eat great food. I got a puppy in August named Rocket and he has basically taken over my entire life. Attached is a picture of us out hiking; he is 6 months old. I look forward to working with everyone.

4 responses to “Hello”

1. BrittanyHack

Hi Ying. I think we took some classes together but did not have a chance to do group work. Maybe we will have a change to. You have an Aussie Shepherd, I have one too. Her name is Veena and she is a complete ham. If you are looking to be more digitally social, I like to set up Google Hangout Groups for each class. If you have a gmail address, I could set up another group for this class too.

1. Ying Gu

Hi Brittany!

Good to see you again. I must see pictures of Veena! My gmail is yingu18@gmail.com
      Looking forward to reconnecting!

2. Meg

Hi Ying! I took 540 this summer and really enjoyed it – please feel free to message me with any questions about the course. Rocket is adorable! What kind of dog is he??

1. Ying Gu

Hi Meg!

Thank you for the support! I will definitely take you up on your kind offer! I am a little nervous because I am doing two courses simultaneously. The last time I did this, I did not have a good time. My mental health sure took a hit.

Rocket is adorable, when he’s not being a turd, ha! He is a blue merle, pure Australian Shepherd, expected to mature on the smaller side.