Introduction–Loveleen

My name is Loveleen and I live in the beautiful British Columbia. This is my second MET course. I have a Bachelor of Engineering in Information and Technology and I am currently working as a STEM teacher in a secondary school. I teach Applied Design, Skills and Technology courses to high school students which have made me realize that the integration of technology in students’ education diversifies their learning experience. While I teach Computer Science and programming, I use blended self-paced, scaffolded learning techniques to facilitate the students’ cognitive development and their critical skills. The students love to participate in interactive gamification learning environments which support them through the process of building their problem solving skills. I always observe students’ excitement when they interact with the digital world. Currently I am mentoring students in app development which has accelerated my interest more in mobile learning. With the portable devices becoming common and mobile technology advancing I am really looking forward to learning the realms of mobile and open learning.

I am hopeful to have an enriching learning experience and hope to share my experiences with all of you.

4 responses to “Introduction–Loveleen”

1. EmilyChen

Hi Loveleen!

Welcome to the course! You have such a beautiful and special name! Would love to learn more about your experiences with APP development, sounds really interesting, and so amazing to hear that kids in secondary schools are already doing that. Thanks for sharing!

2. lyndsay barrett

Hi Loveleen! As expressed by others, your teaching experiences is really interesting and, I imagine, feels immediately relevant to your students. Looking forward to hearing more about your work!

3. Wynn Zhang

Nice to meet you Loveleen! I’m really interested about your experience with gamification learning environments! I don’t have a full class but I hope to apply it one day.

4. philip pretty

Wow Loveleen! I would love to hear more about your experiences with app development! I would really love to teach my students how to do this!