Introduction-Bingying Wang

Hi everyone!

My name is Bingying Wang, and please call me Iris. I grew up in China and attended UBC for my undergrad eight years ago. I’ve worked as a tutor for UBC international students for seven years. 

I am a dance teacher and a pool player, so I spend most of my leisure time in the dance studio and the pool hall, practicing and participating in tournaments. Also, I like rock climbing and snowboarding. I’d love to meet anyone interested in these activities. 

My primary goal is to master more effective and inclusive ways to incorporate technologies in learning. Since I have a psychology background, I am very interested in how online technology can support psychological programs. 

I am excited about this course since this is my first year in the MET program. I hope to further broaden my knowledge to provide more specific and valuable help to my students.

I’m looking forward to getting to know everyone in this course. It feels like I can learn a lot from everybody and share mine with you guys. 

Snowboarding
My cats
Rock climbing
Me and my dance crew
Trophies from the last pool tournament

6 responses to “Introduction-Bingying Wang”

1. Noor

Hi Iris,
    I have enjoyed reading your introduction and I admire your athletic achievements. You look great! All the best.

1. bingying wang

Thank you for saying that! Nice to meet you Noor!

2. lynsey duncan

As a snowboarder from Ontario, I am very jealous of the mountains you have access to so close by! Hopefully some year I’ll make it out there for a winter holiday and get to experience all its glory.

1. bingying wang

I highly recommend Whistler mountain! It is amazing!

3. Robyn Oliver

The photos you included help to make this personal! I’ve enjoyed pool in the past, but NEVER to your level. Congrats on all the trophies.

1. bingying wang

Thank you so much!! I can teach you if we have a chance in the future 🙂