Hello – it’s me

Hi everyone! My name is Meagan Strome and I’m living and working in Winnipeg, Manitoba. This semester is both busy and exciting, as I’m currently taking my last two MET courses! I hope to attend the graduation in person this May, so hopefully, I will see some of you there!

I live with my husband and two kids ages 13, and 10. I’m a private chauffeur now (just kidding), driving my kids from hockey to tennis to swimming etc. I feel as though I would not be able to manage without the use of a family calendar on my mobile device!

I’m a high school educator for students (grades 11/12) at a program-based high school in Winnipeg. I teach in the Applied Business Management program, and the Electrical Program, as well as online math courses. I’ve been teaching for 7 years now. Before becoming a teacher I completed my Commerce degree and worked in Marketing and Business development.

In my spare time, I enjoy playing tennis, curling, spending time with family and friends, and going to the odd Winnipeg Jets game!

I look forward to working with you all this semester.

My family and I at a Jets game.

6 responses to “Hello – it’s me”

1. louisa green

Hi Megan,

Congrats on being almost finished, that must feel amazing! Which other course are you taking? Looking forward to working with you!

1. mstr

Hi Louisa, thanks! I’m also taking ETEC 590 (the e-portfolio course). Looking forward to working with you as well!

2. SafaaAbuSaa

Hi Meagan,

Congratulations on reaching the finish line! I look forward to learning and working with you.

3. mstr

Hi Lynsey, nice to see you again too! I had to edit my post as I had put a smiley face which then posted as 4 question marks…so I know what mean!

4. lynsey duncan

Oops those question marks were supposed to be a smiley face. Apparently WordPress is not a fan of emojis lol

5. lynsey duncan

Hey Megan, it’s nice to see a familiar name! Congrats on this being your last semester. Looking forward to learning with you this term ????