Hi! I’m Louisa

Hello everyone, my name is Louisa Green. I’m from Canada (Edmonton, AB) originally but have been living abroad for the past 20 years. I’ve been living in Kobe, Japan for the past 8 years and am pretty happily settled here! I used to travel a lot but due to Covid and a pregnancy simultaneously, I haven’t travelled much in the past three years. So I am having very bad wanderlust and looking forward to being able to explore the world again.

I live with my partner and our two daughters and have just bought my first apartment which needs major renovations so am eating, sleeping and dreaming kitchen designs in most of my waking hours. It’s really exciting but at the same time overwhelming!

I am an associate teacher of English at a private Japanese JHS, as well as an ICT teacher in a British International Saturday School program. I have also recently started teaching part-time at a private women’s university and am hoping to move into a full-time university setting eventually.

This is my 6/7 course in the MET program (doing two this semester) and am really excited about the unconventional platform for this one. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone over the semester.

A recent Christmas pic of my family in front of our tiny but lovely Christmas tree!

5 responses to “Hi! I’m Louisa”

1. Douglas Millie

Louisa, I’m rather envious! I’m also from Edmonton, but after a quick year living and working in England I moved to small town Alberta. With the unrest in many places in the world, Japan has resurfaced as a place I would love to visit.

1. louisa green

Hi Douglas!

Great to meet you, I love your picture, it reminds me of home 😉 I also did a year abroad in England and found it to be a pretty big change from Alberta but I have never been able to get the travel bug out of my system. Whereabouts are you now? My mum and brother are in Lloydmister and the rest of my family are in Ontario or BC. I am pretty homesick these days and dream of a white Christmas again someday!!

1. louisa green

PS. Please do come to Japan! I am happy to host/help any of my fellow MET classmates if they visit.

2. Robyn Oliver

Hi Louisa.
    I’m not much of a traveler, so am in awe of the big shifts you have made. It is quite a ways from Edmonton to Kobe. Can’t wait to see some photos of your renovations!

1. louisa green

Hi Robyn,

Nice to meet you! Japan is a nice place to live but there are still things I miss from home. Kobe is a beautiful city if you ever do feel like visiting! Uggg, renovations are really tough I have to say, but will happily share any interesting photos that come up!