Hi from Olivia

Hello! My name is Olivia and I live, play, work and learn on the ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwxwú7mesh Úxwumixw (Squamish Nation) & səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh Nation). I work at the largest public high school school in Vancouver where I teach French and Indigenous Studies in French Immersion and IB programs.

This is my last class of my MET journey and what a journey it’s been. Like most of you know, juggling full time work and this program is a challenge to say the least. I am looking forward to having my weekends back, however I will miss the constant learning and connection the MET program has brought me.

In my spare time, I love to play and coach soccer, camp, hike, run, garden, read, play board games and hang out with my partner and cat, Cairo.

4 responses to “Hi from Olivia”

1. Jazz Chapman

Hi Olivia,
    I look forward to hearing your thoughts, especially as they pertain to an Indigenous Studies focus, as that is also an area of interest for me.
    Jasmine

1. olivia barratt

Wonderful to hear from you Jazz. I look forward to connecting and learning with you!

2. Joel Flanagan

Hello Olivia,
    It’s great to be together with another class with you again! I’m also nearing the end of my degree, so we might be in the same graduation group ???? I’m looking forward to your interesting and thought-provoking discussions again this semester.

1. olivia barratt

I’ll be graduating in November, you?? Looking forward to ending our MET journey together. 🙂