Hello everyone! My introduction

My name is Clarisse Yeh. I am a secondary school, learning support (special education) teacher in Vancouver, BC. I am excited to push myself this term as I had most of my classes hosted on Canvas so this will challenge and further build my skills when using WordPress.

I am very excited to announce that this will be my last MET term. I am taking two courses this summer and I will be done by August! 🙂 It’s been a very busy and rewarding past three years. I’m stoked to see where my professional development will take me, when making future pedagogical decisions in the classroom regarding technology and student efficacy.

I’ve taken another course that touched a bit on mobile education but I’m looking forward to diving a bit deeper in ETEC 523 with you all. In my personal experience, students have better access to their phones as a personal device when compared to other technologies. And so learning, participation, engagement, and student accountability are all connected to mobile education – both its limitations and strengths. On the other hand, my students still rely on paper-based tasks – it’s interesting.

Fun facts about me:

1. I love to cook – I would consider myself a home cook. I enjoy making sauces, gravies, roasts, focaccia. Anything savoury really.

2. Snowboarding helps me connect with the land and to destress. My favourite mountains are Revelstoke and Grouse. 

3. I have a love-hate relationship with mountain biking. We hit up Whistler bike park every summer. 

IMG_4944.jpg

4. My family comes from Laos and Hong Kong. Both sides of my families immigrated to Canada in the 70’s.

5. LOVE MY CANUCKS! A true Vancourite and just so proud our team! We’re coming back boys!