Hi Everybody!

I’m Jeannine Younger and I am an Education Technologist for the Peace Wapiti Public School Division which supports the area surrounding Grande Prairie, Alberta. I am privileged and thankful to be living, working and learning on the lands of the Beaver, Cree, Dene and Métis people of Treaty 8 territory.

I started my education career as a high school teacher about 10 years ago and just recently transitioned into the role I have now, supporting technology across our district. This means I sometimes come alongside teachers and administration to help navigate all things Google, PowerSchool, and/or Schoology (LMS). I sometimes come alongside students and introduce Chromebook usage, coding, and programming robots. Sometimes, I am finding tech to support inclusion or delivering PD. My role is very eclectic in its day-to-day schedule but is always focused on educational technology.

This is my 8/9 course in my MET journey and I am looking forward to building capacity around analyzing student data to ensure the best tools, strategies and supports are in place for their education journey while also supporting teacher efficiency and efficacy in the classroom.

On a personal note, I am a Musical Theatre junkie, I have a massive eyeglasses collection, I am a retired dance teacher, I sometimes choreograph local musical theatre productions, and I am a cat Mom to one beautiful and sassy hairless cat named Mrs. Bigglesworth. Yes, she is judging you and plotting world domination.

Looking forward to learning with you all!

p.s. If you are also taking ETEC 543, I hope you don’t mind the same intro!

4 responses to “Hi Everybody!”

1. alanlam

Good to see you again Jeannine! I have to say, when I heard what you did in rural Alberta, I did get quite envious that you hold such an incredible job position. Also, cute cat!

2. Sam Paterson

Nice to get to know you, Jeannine.

Your career trajectory is something that I’d be curious to learn more about, as it is something that many in my Professional Learning Network have followed, and is something that I can visualize for myself in the future.

1. jeannine younger

Hi Sam!
      Nice to meet you!
      I would have happy to chat about my journey. This has been my first school year in his role and it has been the best decision! We can connect via email, google meet or slack!

1. Sam Paterson

Sounds great! I’ll be in touch.