Hello Everyone!

Hi everyone. I’m Alan, currently working in Shanghai and remotely completing the MET program on the other side of the world, missing the beautiful Vancouver weather but enjoying the luxuries of the urban life here in China. I’ve been working at my current international school for the past six years and am excited to share that I will be building a new STEM program curriculum alongside some incredible teachers here in Shanghai.

A little bit about me: I love snowboarding, badminton and yoga, enjoy cooking as a hobby, and have a passion for learning voraciously through YouTube videos or podcasts. I do enjoy the odd book, but have been struggling to find time outside of commuting on the metro.

I’m a big advocate to digitizing education. As a self-identifying digital native, I find it so incredible that being privileged with strong English-based education, that I am able to learn virtually anywhere (*pun intended*) about virtually anything. Being an educator, it has become my priority to develop a greater sense of how to teach 21st century learners and becoming better at identifying what key skills or understandings are needed to help students be successful.

This is my 5th MET course and I have found this program so far extremely rewarding as it is such an applicable degree to my current teaching practice. I look forward to working with you all through this course and continue to build my foundations on how to better utilize technology in the teaching profession.

One response to “Hello Everyone!”

1. clareyeh

Hello Alan,

Nice to meet you. Shanghai is incredible but the last I visited was back in 2012, I bet so much has changed since then. Sound like you’ve found an amazing project in developing curriculum at the International School that you work at.

We both love snowboarding, that’s cool! Looking forward to hearing more from you in our digital class.

From,
    Clarisse