It Could Not Come at a Better Time …

Hi Everyone!

My name is Elizabeth and I’m mid-way through the MET program. I am really looking forward to this course particularly as more organizations, including my own, are leaning into mobile learning solutions.

I work as a senior e-learning designer for Canadian Tire Corp. I’m currently drafting the guidelines for mobile learning in corporate-wide compliance training (ETEC523 could not come at a better time). As a designer that favours slide-based learning tools such as Storyline and Captivate, I recognize their limitations and I’m turning to responsive e-learning tools such as Rise and Adapt (that have different limitations)

I’m concerned with creating mobile solutions that have a strong user  experience, and getting answers to questions like “Should all learning be designed for mobile?”. I hope to take the theory I learn from this course and apply it on the job.

On a personal note, I live in Oakville with my husband and two little boys.

Looking forward to this learning adventure!

3 responses to “It Could Not Come at a Better Time …”

1. Feras Alachek

Hi Elizabeth. Glad to see you again. Are you ready for the next adventure? I call it Area 523 Uncovered!

See you around

2. deisy castillo

Hello Elizabeth,
    Definitely, there is always something positive in our daily circumstances. At my workplace, we have to switch to online last year because of Covid-19. Since then, stakeholders have become more open to using technologies for delivering our courses. We are still in the exploring phase of tools and strategies, so, to me, the MET program could not come at a better time too. I’m happy to share this feeling with you.
    Best wishes!

3. Anna Ayoung-Stoute

Hi Elizabeth,

I am always interested in learning about the experiences of my peers who work in the corporate as I come from academia. One difference I have noticed is corporate have access to various tools, which is not always the case in academia. Though my experience with Captivate and Storyline is not extensive, there are limitations. I have never used Rise and Adapt; are they user-friendly?
    That is a good question; should all learning be designed for mobile? I think it depends on the learners and the environment. However, that is always up for debate.
    BTW, though it was brief, I enjoyed visiting the town of Oakville, especially the downtown area.