Introduction

Hi everyone, sorry for the late introduction post, I’m a late registrant for the course.

I’m a 26 year old teacher and I live in Coquitlam, BC where I grew up. I teach English and Social Studies for grades 8-10 in Surrey, both in-person and online asynchronous classes. My in-person students are a cohort of students who are accelerating through grades 8-10 in only two years, so I get to challenge both them and myself by coming up with creative and in-depth assignments and lessons. I have two other jobs as well, the first being a first aid instructor in New Westminster, and I have also recently accepted a job offer of designing online humanities courses for a private company. I completed my Bachelor’s at SFU in 2017 with a major in History and a minor in English, and then completed my teacher training, PDP, at SFU in 2018. My personal interests include golfing, swimming and online gaming. My academic interests in regards to online education include online course design and meaningful integration of technology with assessment.

57803547119__7AE9B260-9F01-453E-9DA2-56075B95187E.JPG