Marketing Project Reflection

Throughout this semester, I was given the opportunity to work on a progressive marketing project with a number of my classmates. The assignments took up quite a significant amount of time each week for my team, as we preferred to fully discuss our decisions together in order to make sure that we were all always on the same page. Through this experience, I was able to learn a lot about myself and about my team members. I further developed my team working and interpersonal skills through the constant interactions with my teammates, and I learned how to better incorporate each person’s ideas into our overall decisions. Also, I gained a deeper understanding of the marketing topics that we were learning in class, as we had to apply terms and strategies by analyzing specific company case. For example, I learned how to create a clear and concise positioning statement for our company, Zara, in relation to the unique segment we believed would be the most profitable.
However, my team and I made some mistakes throughout this whole process. After Assignment 1, we did not split the work up into sections for each of us to do individually, as many of the parts were interrelated. We ended up wasting a lot of time meeting, as half of us could not work on the same thing at the same time anyway, especially during the video project. We realized a little too late that we should have split up certain parts that were not dependent and worked on it separately. However, I am glad to learn from these experiences, and I will make sure to correct these errors in the future. Overall, I was able to gain and improve on a number of skills from the assignments, and I truly believe that this has been an incredibly valuable experience.