Based on Mark Suster’s Blog: Two Sides of the Table

Following Business Insider on Facebook, I found an article “24 Must-Read Blogs for Entrepreneurs“, which lead to hours reading different blog posts in attempts to find something that I was going to write a post on.

Mark Suster’s post “How to Solve the Biggest Frustration Marketers Have With Social” attracted my attention, as I am planning on majoring in Marketing and nowadays social media is a great part of that activity in any field.

Suster discussed the importance of measuring the effectiveness of the marketing campaigns through the use of the new media. He mentioned the amount of detailed information that a marketer needs to know and analyze in order to create accurate predictions and decisions regarding his further actions. Being a 21st century raised young adult, new media has been very much a part of my lifestyle, however never have I realized the analytical process behind the RTs, FAVs and replies, that occur on the web.

fav_vs_rt

Suster mentioned also a website called awe.sm, which allows for entrepreneurs, corporations or even individuals to track their ROI (Return on Investment) of the Social Media. Websites like these could really improve the way corporations track their popularity, especially with ever-increasing internet usage. Therefore these websites can aid corporations in planning and creating strategies in the marketing aspect of the business.