Snapchat Crisis

After reading Jiaqi Zhai’s blog, I got interested form Snapchat and looked for the background and news about it. Snapchat is an app, which can be used to message and photo-sharing. The Snapchat Company just declined $3 billion offer provided by Facebook. $3 billion is a considerably large number; however, it is quite interesting that this small company, which has just started approximately 2 years, unexpectedly not get appealed by the intriguing amount of money. Therefore, I downloaded the Snapchat app, and I started to recognize its uniqueness.

Snapchat is an app, which include photos and videos. But the difference from other photo-sharing app, people can set up a time, and after the timing ends, the photo will disappear. It indeed protects users’ privacy.

However, I think Snapchat won’t increase its users rapidly as it does presently. Recently, it is labeled as sexting app. Since the photo can be disappeared in a second, people who send pornography won’t worry about being caught. Besides, students may use this as a cheating tool when having exam. Consequently, I think Snapchat should adjust and modify its previous strategy, or it will not have long term success.