Intro: Griffin’s Blog

Hello, everyone. My name is Griffin Anderson-Baier and I’m (unfortunately) from Chilliwack, BC but I live in residence at Robson House in Vanier. I chose Arts One because I hope it will assist me in my attempt to become well-read and because it allowed me to have a really good schedule; my earliest class is at 11:00 am. I’m most looking forward to reading Heart of Darkness (I really like Apocalypse Now) and Things Fall Apart. I’ve spent much of my time during the last couple of years procrastinating and watching movies instead of doing my schoolwork. As a result of watching so many movies I’ve developed a pretty specific taste and most of my favourite films are relatively obscure, really slow paced, and in languages that I don’t speak. If I had to name a few of my favourites, I’d say An Autumn Afternoon (1962), L’Argent (1983), Colossal Youth (2006), and Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives (2010). That’s about all there is worth saying about myself except that I look forward to getting to know you all.