Marketing Project Reflection

This project gave me a great insight into how a real marketing team would work in the business world. There were three main aspects of the project that I really learned from: working with others, team meetings, and the project itself.

Working with other people is a challenge in itself for obvious reasons; there is the possibility of conflicting views between individuals, challenging personalities, individual lack of initiative etc. What our group struggled with was mainly conflicting views. It took our group a long time to come to conclusions about what direction our project should take, and it hurt us time-wise. However, it was from that same diversification of perspective that our final product was well done and had so much substance embedded in it.

The team meetings were a real test of our group’s ability to coordinate schedules. Although facebook was the chosen method of communication with each other, I learned that one channel of communication is not enough. There were times members were confused about meeting dates or just were not aware of them whatsoever because a facebook message was the only notification they were given. A follow up text/call from an assigned coordinator would have been the best option for boosting morale.

Finally, the project itself called upon members to demonstrate their resourcefulness and creativity in a number of ways. The written projects showed us the importance of immersing oneself in their work so that quality remains high. As well, the video project required us to be confident, and taught us the significance of having excess time to edit and add new ideas.

All-in-all, the marketing project was a learning experience I will never forget and constantly apply to the business world in the future.