The Insider’s Marketing Strategies

This Globe and Mail article really touches on some key marketing strategies that are critical for success.

A quick summary of the main points in the article:

1. Services and Products Should Be Personalized and Tailored to Consumer Needs

The article argues that companies should figure out the needs of a consumer before they know it themselves. Companies should cater to the specific and personalized needs of customers in order to create the best services and products.

2. Location is Important

Find out where your consumers live. Use social media such as LinkedIn or Facebook to connect with your customers. Another example give in the article is to use SnapChat to appeal to younger users.

3. Provide a Human Touch to Business

Put in the effort to make your consumers happy. Create memorable moments for people and help them enjoy the services and products provided.

In Grace’s Opinion:

I agree with much of what this article proclaims. However, I also think that it is important to draw a boundary between personalizing services and products and getting too personal with consumers. I am reminded of the case where Target was able to figure out that a teen girl was pregnant through her purchases. I think that although these statistics and data are incredibly beneficial for companies to take note of, there should definitely be a point where a line has been crossed.