MIDNIGHT REFLECTION!?

It’s time to remember what once was. The marketing group that lived and breathed together. I could go into how it will forever surprise me how work ethics differ, how GPAs can range, talents vary, but somehow things always line up efficiently by the end of the day. It was a group project, as any, riddled with complications. Anyways, could, but wont discuss that. Instead, I’d like to talk about how after 3 months, the only MEC product I’ve ever owned is a backpack, but I’m officially the biggest advocate on the planet.

I don’t know if its the sustainability aspect, the general style and culture of the brand, or the fairly affordable bikes that I’ve grown obsessed with, but I’m actually checking the website pretty well everyday. I’m still a believer that it could be improved, but the sheer amount of information available, and the selection of products, makes a the christmas-list-making-boy in me swoon and sigh. MEC doesn’t side step around anything; maybe its the fact that its a Co-op, or just the culture, but 20 minutes on the website and you know that they want to save the planet, but that their also outsourcing their product and sorry about that. They want to stay true to their mountaineering roots, but tough sh*t, preferences change, they have to  address the yoga loving new world order. Their honesty isn’t in your face, but its certainly where it counts – their hearts.

Now, I did have my problems with the project. Mainly, I don’t know anything about editing films, and I had to take quite the youtube crash course in apple software. I don’t necessarily think its fair that I had to somehow learn how to do that, but I do like that I didn’t have to use up class time to watch a series of presentations. There’s always a plus side and a negative side. On that plus side, the fact that the project was spread throughout the term was pretty well the best thing ever.

Anyways, as I let songs slip into my first posts, I feel that I should sign off with the song that I regularly made my group listen to (either by singing it myself or playing it on youtube). Everybody, I hope you enjoy Diane Young….

(if you wanna hear another great track, HERE YOU GO!)