The Internet and the Television: Recovering Advertising Revenue

The Effects of Television and Internet AdvertisingAdvertisements are disappearing from newspapers and reappearing in mass quantities on television and the internet. Surprised?
With the fall in the economy spending towards advertisements shrunk as companies tried to prevent themselves from going under. Now with companies beginning to thrive post-economic downturn advertising has began to work its way back into the media. Television and the internet are popular choices of advertising as the world has become increasingly interconnect. Billboards have even returned as a popular form of advertising. Yet newspapers and regional papers have become decreasingly popular. Let’s face it; the world of paper products is declining. Everything is available online relatively free of cost. It is deemed environmentally friendly and is easy to access from anywhere in the world. Children and adults are glued to a screen (either TV or computer) throughout the day. It is said that American’s spend approximately “158 hours per month” in front of the television1 and this statistic was only measured within the first quarter of 2010. Talk about relying on technology.

So surprised?
I’m not. In fact I think that advertising heavily through the television and internet is probably the most effective way to get the message to consumers. In writing this blog, I had to go on the internet to find an article. The advertisements I remember whilst searching for said article, Fed-X, Fitch Credit Training, Vale, and SAS. Pretty effective.

Article, quote, and comic link: 

"The Box Rocks." Economist 30 Sept. 2010: n. pag. Economist.com. Web. 4 Oct. 2010.
     <http://www.economist.com/node/17149050>.