Posted by: | 12th Jun, 2011

Moodle LMS

I added a welcome web page and a discussion (forum) activity to my Moodle site following the instructions given in the ETEC 565 course site. Following the step-by-step instructions helped make these tasks very simple otherwise I felt that I would have spent a lot of time reading each and every option and the contents of their drop down boxes. While at first it seemed like there were many more options, and perhaps some unnecessary ones, when I compared it to D2L, it was indeed very much the same. Since I am used to D2L, I quickly look past the options that I do not use. The one thing that I did prefer about Moodle is the ability to grade discussions. This feature is not available in the LMS that I normally use. I also viewed some of the tutorials that are available such as how to create a quiz and how to use the gradebook and found them very helpful. I think they will help speed up (or flatten down?) my “learning curve” so I can definitely see myself taking advantage of many more online tutorials as I continue to build my course site.

Leave a response

Your response: