Posted by: | 28th Jul, 2011

Multimedia & Authoring – Video & DVD

Video
Making a video using my digital camera and Windows Movie Maker was surprisingly simple and yet again a rather time consuming activity. Did I say simple? Yes, using the technology is simple but creating a professional looking video is a little more difficult. In fact, I think it will take a lot more practice to make a really skilled looking product. In the name of getting the thing done, I broke a few rules; recorded outdoors on a bright and windy day, began by reading my script – I recovered fairly quickly, and held the camera myself – it is a little shaky at times. However, I did get it done, uploaded to Youtube and linked to my LMS and I am impressed (and a little surprised) with the way it turned out. I know I will be much more comfortable and confident with this technology next time!

DVD
I was also able to burn this video to a disc using Windows DVD Player. I think creating a DVD that would be interactive (e.g. with quizzes, etc.) would require a lot more time and effort than I can afford at the moment but the tools available certainly make this task doable for nearly everyone!

Responses

You’re off to a great start!

Here’s a tip: when you record a person, try to have 3-5 seconds of no speaking at the start and end of your clip. Then you can edit out the clunk of the camera being turned off.

Leave a response

Your response: