Netflix pushes for movie streaming 30-45 days after release

We’ve talked about Netflix quite a bit in our COMM101 lectures. It’s gone from being the king and the first in the industry, to being dethroned and kicked while it’s down, and has climbed its way back up again. Now Netflix is proposing another huge change. It is pushing for financing to be able to stream movies 30-45 days after its release. Currently, theatres have exclusive access to movies which allows them to show movies for at least 90 days before other services can acquire them. Netflix is pushing against this. If Netflix can actually pull something like this off, its stock price will go up and please its customers too. Not only will Netflix be pleasing their customers though, it’ll also be killing off some of its competition. If Netflix is able to pull this off, I’ll be looking forward to the results. Just kidding, I won’t be, because I won’t be able to see the results, because Netflix Canada completely pales in comparison to Netflix USA. But it is always interesting to see Netflix try to innovate and get ahead of its competition.