Response to Blog (Free FOOD)

So there isn’t a name on the blog, so I’m not too sure whose blog I’m responding to but the material is still relevant.

Anyway, while Google provides their employees with free food, I’m sure that it’s not the only incentive/reward that they offer like this blog post is suggesting with the linesL

“Reward systems are imperative for companies to motivate their employees and ultimately drive the company forward. They often focus us promising promotions, increasing salaries and recognizing their works one way or other. However, Google takes a different approach. They provide a cafeteria with free gourmet food and snacks to its employees”

I’m fairly certain that the way Google rewards employees is just in general to make them feel comfortable, wanted, important, and needed. Google offers things that are valuable to their employees. This could be in the form of benefits such as the ever talked about “if you die, your spouse will get half your salary for x amount of years (I cannot recall the amount of years)” benefit. Google just goes of its way to make its employees feel good, to have a nice environment, which is a great example of good organizational culture.

Personally, I would really love to work for google but that’s like shooting for the stars.