Worst Job ?

I think everyone can agree that once you’ve worked retail once in your life, that’s going to end up being at the bottom list of your favourable jobs. I worked at the Hollister Co. in Pacific Centre for four months during the Summer. Although it was a short experience, I got a lot out of that job. The main reasons why I’d consider it my worst job experience is because:

1. Lack of unanimity between the managers. For the most part all the managers were fair, nice/down to earth people, but I have to say one of the managers I had worked with gave me the hardest time. I was always super happy and cheerful when I go to work but whenever our shifts bumped, I’d going home feeling really bad about myself (for no apparent reason)
  2. The range of available tasks  and the management of duties. I noticed that the “seniors” always worked on cash, while there were a lot of people constantly folding clothes. If there was a better management of rotation everyone would feel energized and refreshed.
  3. Poor Management and lack of communication. I started working right before the new supervisors were hired and began training. There was never an announcement that the three new supervisors took on the manager role and would be in charge. I only worked twice a week so going into work having absolutely no clear of the changes was very frustrating. I was constantly took to “go ask ___, I’m not in charge”. It was as if they expected us to know everything off the bat.