Reflective Post on Marketing Assignments

Throughout the term, I had to complete 4 assignments for the Comm 296 course. These assignments allowed me to develop a better understanding of the marketing topics learnt in class. Out of these 4 assignments, 3 of them are to be completed in groups. After completing these assignments, I had learnt several important skills in order to accomplish tasks in groups. Firstly, it is very important to always listen to what others have to offer as it is possible that these are some great ideas. Secondly, I will have to communicate with others and let them know what I think. If I choose to keep silent, others will definitely not know what I think. As I am completing these assignments in teams, it is my responsibility to attend every meeting and complete my assigned tasks on time. Through the process of group meetings, I was able to develop stronger communication and interpersonal skills and also the importance of team work.

Despite the positives, I think our group made a crucial mistake which significantly increased our time spent in group meetings. We spent an average of 5 hours in every meeting. Instead of working on the assignment together during meeting, we should have distributed the work for each individual to complete. This will be much more efficient than what we did. Although this is a huge mistake, I am glad that I learnt this during the earlier stage of my life because I will be able to prevent similar situation from happening in the future.

Overall, I think having the chance to complete assignments in groups is a fantastic learning experience.  By working in groups, there will be more creative ideas contributing to the assignment. In addition, group members have the opportunity to learn from one another. I really enjoyed this experience.