The value of blogs for mums

Recently, I read an article on how blogs are a trusted source for mums. I used to picture mums diving straight into help books when it comes to raising and caring for their children. But research shows that among mothers ages 28 to 45, blogs are the most trusted source (72%), followed by Facebook at 64% and Youtube at 36%.

Taken from experiencematters.criticalmass.com

I personally know a few mum bloggers – simplystylishmom (one of the nominees for 2011’s 30 Fabulous Mom bloggers) and poemapromise (a good friend of mine). I understood that such blogs create a sense of connectedness and trust.

The blogs connect mothers in an online community. In real time, mums are able to read similar issues, gain tips, and share ideas with one another. In short, they know they are not going through motherhood alone. Rather, there is an invisible support and fun going on. Talk about your child’s clothing style, the types of arts and crafts your children did, and even family vacations … all these are a form of promotion. It minimizes the decision-making process for a mum, because they know that a trustworthy source has already tried it.

How is value created online? In terms of blogs for mums, it creates a sense of connectedness and builds trust, all in real time.

September 11, 2012Permalink 3 Comments

3 thoughts on “The value of blogs for mums