BCOMM and future path

What leads me to chose to study in BCOMM program and what path shall I take down the road, are the questions came in mind when I read my fellow classmate, Clement Lau’s blog “I would Rather have a Swiss army knife.” His blog was inspired by a fascinating Sauder graduates, Tom Dobzranski, who kept his passion in Music while using his BCOMM knowledge to start his business in the industry. Clement inspired by Tom was soon believed that he should have multiple background knowledge to ensure his success in the future because world has been moving at a rapid rate.

I quiet agree with Clements’s idea that having only one background knowledge such as accounting or finance is not enough for me to achieve my ultimate goal. Absorbing knowledge from different field can broaden my vision, and thus making more accurate decisions, which is what I believe is key for entrepreneur. Unlike Clement I have a goal to study in BCOMM, although vaguely, that is to found or invest in firms. The ability that entrepreneur has to design his company is what motivate me to pursue in this field.

Inspired by Clement Lau’s Blog

https://blogs.ubc.ca/clementlau/2012/11/16/i-would-rather-have-a-swiss-army-knife/