Energy Aware

Energy aware is a Vancouver based company focusing on resource conservation founded by Janice Cheam, a previous Sauder graduates, in 2005. I had the honor to listen to Janice’s presentation in our Comm 101 class. Her presentation moved me in many aspects. Her life story provide me a brand new vision and route that I can be taken after graduation, that is: Entrepreneurship. Before coming to the class, I thought entrepreneurship as an ultimate path I would like to go on but I never thought it would be possible just after graduation. Listening to Janice’s story, I realized the great opportunities that are provided to me in Sauder and UBC. The school has great resources including its programs, courses, clubs and competitions, and more importantly the people we met.

The root of Energy Aware came from case competition from hosted in UBC that provide students a platform to test the validity of their ideas. What I gain most out of Janice’s story is that with great ideas, although it will be hard but it is still possible for graduated students to pursue in the route of entrepreneurship.