External Blog: Translink Reaches Gold in Sustainability

November 14th, 2011

Sustainability is a growing trend among today’s society and Vancouver took notice early. One of Vancouver’s most eco-friendly commodities is highlighted in Robert Willis’ blog for translink.ca.

According to Willis’ blog, Vancouver’s Translink ranks the highest among all transit authorites around the world in sustainability— an impressive feat indeed. Translink is also the first and only member of the American Public Transit Association (APTA) to reach gold status in sustainability. Robert Willis interviews Translink’s Director of Corporate Sustainability, Trish Webb and records their entire conversation on the blog. They talk about the company, the benefits of sustainability, Translink’s gold status, and plans for the transit system moving forward.

Creating a sustainable product is neither easy nor cheap, but as Translink demonstrates, it is worth is in the end. Many pollution-related externalities are avoided due to the hard work companies like Translink have put in to creating a eco-friendly product. Unlike a lot of trends these days, I feel that “the sustainability trend” is here to stay just because people are starting to realize the social benefits that eco-friendly commodities can bring. With Trish’s goal to “reset the bar [for transit sustainability],” who knows what Translink will do next!

Image Source

2 Responses to “External Blog: Translink Reaches Gold in Sustainability”

1.  Leonie Zurakowsky Says:

Hi Jeremy,

Love this pic! What is the source? The link is broken. I’d really like permission to use it in one of my digital fractal paintings!

Thanks so much for considering it.

Leonie

2.  jeremykwann Says:

not too sure where i got it, but feel feel free to screen shot the page and use the photo as it isn’y my photo in the first place. If u really want to find it, I am pretty sure I found it somewhere on tumblr