Blackberry’s unstable future

This article seems to paint an optimistic picture for the future of the Blackberry. Rim has added a free call feature to BBM when connected to wifi. Contrary to this article I don’t think this signifies positive things to come. I actually would say that it more so demonstrates how behind they still are from rival companies such as Samsung and Apple.

Rim Blackberry, the Samsung Android, and the Apple iPhone

Considering the fact that apple added free video call to the Iphone months ago, I don’t think this new feature is much to get excited about. By simply reproducing successful product ideas from rival companies Rim is guaranteeing its failure. If Rim plans on competing they need to be coming out with new innovative products, and ideas.  Creating this free call feature after Apple’s free video feature implies that they are too focused on what competitors are doing. What they should be doing is re evaluating their own product and spending time creating something new and exciting instead of just trying to keep up. I think they should be customizing to focus their attention on markets where they are more successful such as overseas rather then struggling to compete in North America.

Image retrieved from: http://www.aaronklein.com/2010/09/blackberry-vs-android-vs-iphone-2010-edition/