[04.24] Completion of the Practicum; Welcome to the CFE!

A Change of Setting

As my time at Burnaby Central Secondary comes to a close: and the last of student reports and comments are being sent out. I prepare for my Community Field Experience (CFE) by packing my laptop, lunch, coffee, and snacks.

My CFE is at the Education Technology Support (ETS) department at UBC, and I was excited to start my next three weeks.

At the ETS, we discussed my role, current projects, and I got to share a bit of what I enjoyed about teaching and the practicum.  A great thank you to Natasha, Sharon, Yvonne, Ian, and Felicia for helping me get settled today!

It’s interesting that after the first few hours, I realized how well my experiences related to the ongoing projects. I was tasked to visualize a passion-project, that I would be able to create and share as a product of my experience. I was excited to learn that there would be multiple conferences and events that I would be able to take a part of!

I quickly realized that I would have to organize my own time free from a bell-bound time-table. Thankfully a schedule of events and contacts had been prepared for me to help keep track of items!

3 responses to “[04.24] Completion of the Practicum; Welcome to the CFE!