Updates from October, 2015 Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts

• JimUBC 7:26 pm on October 29, 2015 Permalink | Reply  

Surface Pro 4 Adapter for Surface Pro 3 Docking Station 

spacer[2]

I’m a big fan of the Surface Pro 3 Docking Station, but the Surface Pro 4 is a little thinner. You can use the Surface Pro 4 in the older style docking station but it’s not an exact fit. There’s an adapter available for free.  Get it at the Microsoft Store (call ahead to make sure that they have stock), or order it through Send my Surface in for Service

The new style Surface Dock is a completely different approach. Much more portable and it works with Surface Pro 3, Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book.

90fe666b-b96c-42ed-b797-c8c703568dad[1]

Source:How to Obtain the Surface Pro 4 Adapter for Surface Pro 3 Docking Station

• JimUBC 7:24 pm on October 29, 2015 Permalink | Reply  

Surface Book: October 26th Can’t Come Soon Enough 

Here’s a quick video review: Surface Book – It really is this good.

• JimUBC 7:20 pm on October 19, 2015 Permalink | Reply  

Surface Book: First Look 

I finally got my hands on a Surface Book. It’s a work of art and it looks like the device that could actually replace everything else around here.

I was hesitant to pre-order it until I could see it first hand, experience detaching the clipboard (tablet portion), holding, standing, walking, writing and doing all the things I do with my Surface devices.  I was concerned that it might be too big, too bulky, too heavy.  It is none of these things. It may just be perfect.

If you’re like me you spend a lot of time with your devices, and the experience is at least as much visceral as it is intellectual. And that’s why didn’t pre-order a Surface Book. I needed to see, feel and use it, especially the pen in order to being to understand how it would fit into my lifestyle. After all, it’s going to a near constant companion.

And now that I’ve had some time with the demo unit (Core i7 16 gig) at a local Microsoft store, I can’t wait for my Surface Book to arrive. Yes I pre-ordered it.

I’ve had laptops and tablet PCs from 17” down to 7” and as time has gone by, I’ve struggled with the conflicting needs: power, portability, screen size, battery life. The Surface Pro 3 (Core i7 8 gigs 512). is as close to perfection as I’ve found up to this point. As a tablet it is brilliant, on a desktop and in the docking station it does most of what I need, and the only places that it felt wanting were screen size, and the laptop experience. And yes, I’ve wished for more RAM memory. I think that 16 gigs will do fine thank you.

Looking at the Surface Book, it hits all the points on my wish list with at big bright screen, and an overall form factor that will still fit into my lifestyle. It’s a little heavier than the Surface Pro 3 with keyboard, but think that I can forgive that if I really can leave the power adapter behind.

The Surface Book does not lean back as far as the Surface Pro 3, but since you can flip the screen around the writing on a desk experience is fine.

I prefer a little angle with I’m writing or drawing on a desk and this looks like it will work just fine.

Here’s a nice video review that lets’ you see the Surface Book from all sides.
    Surface Book – It really is this good.

and

Surface Book at the Microsoft Store

• JimUBC 7:14 pm on October 6, 2015 Permalink | Reply  

Microsoft Windows 10 Devices Event 

If you are at all interested in the future of mobile computing you have to watch this!

Microsoft Windows 10 devices event

And a quick look at the devices

Microsoft Surface Pro 4

Microsoft Surface Book

c
Compose new post
j
Next post/Next comment
k
Previous post/Previous comment
r
e
Edit
o
Show/Hide comments
t
Go to top
l
Go to login
h
Show/Hide help
shift + esc
Cancel