Blog Response 1: The Occupy Wall Street Movement vs The 53% Movement?

My comm 101 section 103 classmate Piper Hoekstra’s blog post: We are the 53% described the emergence of a new radical movement opposing the Occupy Wall Street movement.

The message between the OWS and the 53% present two different schools of thoughts that relate Piper’s blog with my Buffet’s Law blog post in terms of class warfare.

On one side of the spectrum we have the 53%ers who believe that many of the OWS members are responsible for their own failures and  the improvement of one’s life in the US can be achieved through hard work.

On the other side of the spectrum are the OWS members who believe that it is impossible to succeed in America with the rich receiving so many advantages from their wealth.

Even within the 99% of Americans ranging from the poor to the high middle class, there is a disconnect on the actions that need to be taken.

On the one hand, increasing taxation on the rich is the first step to equalizing the wealth gap in America. On the other hand, you don’t want to tax so much that the wealthy lose the will to work hard at what’s made them so successful.

Glad I’m not Obama