No time for Canada to re-invest

After reading Tudor Barcan’s blog post “Booming Estimates: Another Canadian Export Threatening To Dethrone Maple Syrup”, I was reminded of a quote from a great blogger that once said, “Here is another example why it is a good idea to properly understand a topic before blindly writing about it”.  With American energy independence on the rise, it is Canada whom is the most at risk both according to the article and to my earlier blog post, “The American Dream a Nightmare for Canada”.

Unfortunately for us, while we account for roughly 30% of the 10 million barrels of crude the US imports a day, that number is set to drop to only 5.5 million by the year 2030.  With our exports so focused on the US and so much money invested in oil extraction and refining, now is not the time for us to try and diversify where we get our energy from.

Our economy is going to take a blow, that’s for sure, but how we respond will be what defines our energy production in the next decade.  I think our best option is to become more efficient with what we have today so we can afford a green tomorrow.

Word Count: 200       Canada sees risk in U.S. oil boom and Booming Estimates: Another Canadian Export Threatening To Dethrone Maple Syrup